Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Auto 1997 Toyota Previa problem AC I have cold air but when

Customer Question
I accelerate to 45 mph...
Auto 1997 Toyota Previa problem AC I have cold air but when I accelerate to 45 mph or more, I lose cold air and only get warm air and when I decrease speed to 45 mph or under I get cold air
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
2/17/2016
Toyota Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

do you have a manifold gauge test set?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have the car in the USA it's in Costa Rica and I recently in January had a ac compresor installed

ok..from the way you explain,,you either have too much or not enogh r134a gas in the system

i would think that sense you did have the compressor replaced,,and it did work,,i would think it is likely low

but,you will need to have a gauge to test the pressure to be sure

you can buy a recharge kit at your local parts store that will have a small gauge that will work for you

thanks

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The shop where I had the compressor replaced tested for amount of freon and it was full could it be the amplifier

it would seem it is freezing up[from the way you explain] from too much or too little feon]

it is possible that you may have a bad pressure switch,,but be sure of the freon before doing anything

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where on the Toyota prévia is the pressure switch located?

it will bo on the low pressure side ,

on the dryer or on the low pressure line itself

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I don't have any other questions at this time

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic