roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

07 camry xle 3.5v6 having code PO606 ECM code. We have been

Customer Question

hello. 07 camry xle 3.5v6 having code PO606 ECM code. We have been fighting with this for over a month. Changed 3 ECUs, both air/fuel ratio sensors, runs fine just has this stupid code that wont go away
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car runs and drives normally, just has this stupid PO606 that wont go away
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

were the pcm new or used??? did you verify all powers and grounds to the pcm???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both used, same part number as the one that came in the car. and yes, the ground has been checked. All 3 computers do the same thing.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, were those pcm flashed to the cars vin number???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course. it wouldn't run otherwise
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

just making sure. did you flash it your self to be sure it took??? I have been always leary about used pcm. I have never had good luck with flashing them without having codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a shop did it. all 3 pcms do exactly the same thing, so it couldn't be the 3 bad pcms in a row
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, then we are back to powers and grounds. the code is about loss of memory.

one way to tell is to check the status of the monitors. they can set while running but when the key is turned off, they will re set to not complete.

Roy