Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The engine light comes on yellow in my Toyota Camry LE 2000…

Customer Question
The engine light comes on...
The engine light comes on yellow in my Toyota Camry LE 2000 despite an air-valve replacement being done very recently, for the similar problem. The last time the diagnosis was a defective air-valve, which they replaced.
I have noticed that when driving, if there are a lot of stops at red lights, the engine temperature tends to go up , then switching on the air-conditioning cools the engine. After the last repair a couple of weeks ago, I switched on the cooling - or heating - to stay comfortable and to prevent the engine from overheating/cooling off. Then, today I noticed the engine light is on (yellow) again. I'm taking the car in tomorrow, any input appreciated.
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john
john, The Car Guy

have you scanned it for code?