Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When u push power it will say check hybrid system what do I

Customer Question

when u push power it will say check hybrid system what do I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I disconnect the starting battery also there is a orange disconnect under were the battery is I took it out to see what it was then went to start that is when is come up check hybrid system
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not done anythink can not find manual
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: yes the check engine light came on the car had been jerking had transmission oil changed still jerks
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Did you remove the orange service connector from the high voltage hybrid battery?

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Is this a prius or another model, what year is it?