Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2009 toyota corolla with 1.8 it has engine

Customer Question

i have a 2009 toyota corolla with 1.8 it has engine rattle/tapping noise under load it happens when driving around 2000 rpm,if you increase the throttle or decelerate it goes away,you cant hear the noise in neutral but you can hear it if you power brake it around 1800 to 2000 rpms.I am a technician in a mitsubishi dealer i have changed the timing chain and guides also changed timing chain tensioner and both intake and exhaust cam gears and noise is still there any info you might have will be greatly appreciated.thank you. *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what type of details would you like.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STILL WAITING. PLEASE RESPOND.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Freeman,
If your Corolla has a automatic transmission I have to wonder if the noise is coming from the flywheel. If the flywheel is cracked it can cause the type of noise you are describing. Have you checked the flywheel ? If its not a flywheel issue would it be possible for you to make a video recording of the noise and post it here so we can hear it?