Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replace my fuel pump on my 2006 Scion TC my car is not…

Customer Question
Just replace my fuel pump...
Just replace my fuel pump on my 2006 Scion TC my car is not turning on ,no fuel is been delivered to injectors I checked most of the fuses and they look good but the car still not working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/3/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can I would double check the wiring and wiring connections leading to the fuel pump and make sure these are all found to be o.k.If there is an issue with the wiring or connections this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is o.k. the next step is to have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to locate this fault here.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Do you have a diagram of the cables and how do i ck the fuel pressure??Thank you for your help

Is the starter engaging with this issue here when trying to start the vehicle?

it does start however it will not get enough fuel to keep the car going every time I let the car sit for a few hours and try to start it it does start for a few seconds and then it dies

Your fuel pressure should read between 44 an 50 psi at idle.Testing the fuel pressure requires a fuel pressure test gauge as well as the correct fuel pressure test adapter as seen here.You might be able to rent this tool from a parts store.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdzs0yhruw7z50p/fp-02-03.gif?dl=0

Here is a diagram of the pump and pump circuit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/083317bjfq3whad/diag-02-03.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Can you send me a copy or diagram of the fuel pump relay And fuse

Did the above diagram come through that I had sent or do you need more info then this?

Let me know,thanks Pete.