Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Camry and recently at random times the alarm

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Camry and recently at random times the alarm will go off for about 30 seconds or a minute. This will be at times that I am nowhere near the car or keyfob. I also only drive about once a week. My neighbors are getting angry!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

For a perimeter theft alarm to go off the vehicle needs to see a power fluctuation while locked up. It thinks someone has broken the window and reached in and opened the door. Most often its a sticking door ajar switch that is changing state while at rest. Try spray lubricating them as a first approach. PS this is a concern that leaves no diagnostic trail. You have to try things and test.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris