Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 tundra no start but turns over
, when you turn the…

Customer Question
2007 tundra no start...

2007 tundra no start but turns over

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When you turn the key on if the check engine light goes on it will start for a little bit then die then the 4lo light will flash and no check engine light

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This light is part of the computer system and tells us that if it does not come on that there is a malfunction with the computer itself. To be certain, you need to have a scan tool attached to the system checking for codes AND data that can be helpful in diagnosing this.

Thanks, Ron

I have a scan tool but all that comes up is no comm.

Check for power and ground to the computer and out. Also check pin 16 for constant power. If it does have power in and out, then the computer is bad.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need ma again later on.

what color and pins are the power and grounds

PIN 16 at the OBD connector is constant power and PINS 4 an 5 are chassis and computer grounds for the PCM.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.