Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 04 ghlander I have pump the brakes when I first start it…

Customer Question
My 04 highlander I have...
My 04 highlander I have pump the brakes when I first start it to get it out of park
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The switch at the brake pedal and circuit/connections need to be tested.

Thanks, Ron

Okay. I think the circuits are good or would never release. How do I adjust the switch?

If it was out of adjustment, it also would work at times, so it must be bad instead.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.