Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 sienna limited, please insert map dvd problem! nothing…

Customer Question
2007 sienna limited, please...

2007 sienna limited, please insert map dvd problem! nothing works

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well i know for sure, there's a random disk in the slot! daughter put a reg dvd in it about 5 years ago, everything still work after that except the nav. but now nothing is working! it will randomly say to insert a map disk while Im driving, but other then when that pops up, the radio doesnt work at all, even the close button! i can get the face to fold down when the message appears, but its just at random times

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with checking to make sure the unit is getting power to it. The are 2 fuse located in the under hood fuse panel to check. They are the Rad 1 and Rad 3 fuses. If the fuse check okay and the radio will still not turn on then it very likely the radio has failed. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rad%20Feb%203.pdf