Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed my timing belt lined up the marks as directed and…

Customer Question
I changed my timing belt...
I changed my timing belt lined up the marks as directed and now it turns but won't fire could I have overlooked something
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

Is this a 2.2 engine ,4 cylinders ?

You need to put the cam and crankshaft gears at the marks (see pictures) then install the belt on the crankshaft (first) then around the water pump and camshaft,make sure the belt has no slack on it and the cam and crank pulleys still in the right position.

After this install the belt around the tensioner,make sure the tensioner is on the lowest spot to make it easier to put the belt around it.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.