Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

00 toyota avelon. I installed a new timing belt and water

Customer Question
00 toyota avelon . I...
00 toyota avelon . I installed a new timing belt and water pump. i have compression and spark but no injector pulse . Wtf
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
1/31/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

hello

If there is a spark and its still not starting then its likely that the ECU isn't opening the fuel injectors, if the injectors are working you can hear them click - its difficult to hear them with background noise so use a long screwdriver like a stethoscope, placing the handle end in your ear and the metal tip against the body of the injector whilst your assistant turns the engine over.

If you can't hear anything check the ECU power is present by measuring voltage at the fusebox and on its relay socket if OK then check the connections to the crank speed sensor and consider replacing this sensor if the wiring / connections look OK

If the car will start using a squirt of quick/ easi start into the intake then this confirms the problem is lack of fuel

to the engine sensors one at a time, remove each one and examine for signs of corrosion or damage and a squirt of contact cleaner ( not WD40) will also help.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced cam sensors now got feul and spark but its flooded all to I thought it would go into a flood mode if I hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it dosnt so I guess I'll pull the fuel pump relay and relieve the pressure on the fuel line see if I can run some of the fuel out of it

Hello

usually pulling the plugs and spinning it over on the starter will clear it quickly and then use compressed air to dry the plugs out

Hi

do you still need help?

Matt, Mechanical Engineer