Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Toyota venza 3.5 liter .Am in the process of…

Customer Question
I have a 2009 Toyota...
I have a 2009 Toyota venza 3.5 liter .Am in the process of replacing the alternator ,removed bolts belt,connectors and radiator but alternator seems bound up especially on bottom ,It is loose but will not come out. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/31/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have all bolts out then the problem is likely that the spacer is stuck and holding it in place and usually if you can pry it back and forth a little it will release. See the enclosed removal steps to make sure you have all the bolts removed in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alternator%20Jan%2031.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician