Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I working on a Toyota pickup 1993 ,costumer was driving s

Customer Question

I working on a Toyota pickup 1993 ,costumer was driving his truck and suddenly engine shutoff by it self . truck was towing to the shop and after different test i notice no spark on the ignition coil so i replace the igniter and the ignition coil but still no spark even that i have positive voltage on igniter and coil from ignition switch
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Spark (and fuel injection pulse) both come from the crankshaft position sensor which is located inside the distributor. Experience here has shown that replacement of the sensor assembly cures this issue. I would recommend you replace the sensor unit under the rotor inside the distributor