Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have the following code erros on my 201 Rx 300, can you…

Customer Question
Hi I have the...

Hi I have the following code erros on my 201 Rx 300 , can you help me understand what this means and what cost iwll imply to fix it ? C1246C1335C1223P1130

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The engine light came on, and then I went to a Auto zone and they read the following error code :C1246C1335C1223P1130

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/29/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** do the coils or plugs requires removing the intake manifold, just basic hand tools are required to do this, would you like a copy of the procedure for this?

Toyota Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Perhaps I can help...

Of the four trouble codes you mention, the three starting with a "C" are for the ABS/Traction Control - most common cause is a faulty ABS module. The remaining code, P1130, indicates a fault with the upstream bank 1 air/fuel sensor - replacing the sensor usually takes care of this issue.

Regarding cost, your best option would be to consult with your usual repair facility - which would be facilitated by the fact that now you know what the codes mean and what causes them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this issue.

Best Regards.

Isn't this related in any way to: brake master cylinder, or brake actuator / pump?

In a way; it's actually related to the circuits going from the ABS module to the brake master cylinder and brake actuator/pump. The computer cannot detect physical faults; it can only compare actual circuit signals with those in its memory. When it detects an anomaly, it sets a code. The ABS module, which controls the circuits going to the master cylinder and brake actuator, has been known to fail and cause those codes. A capable scan tool and oscilloscope would be needed to perform a pinpoint diagnosis - the same can be said about code P1130 and testing the air/fuel sensor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding these issues.

Best Regards.

The issue was actually cause by a much simple issue,air filter lid was not fully closed and locked.
@0-30 miles after carefully closing the air filter enclosure the check engine light went off and no error code were presented by the car computer.
Therefore I appreciate the details sent was not really helpful.

I'm sorry if you found my information not helpful. As it is, there is no technical explanation for how an air filter lid not closed would cause either of the codes you said you had. As a matter of fact, you can remove the air filter and drive the vehicle and still the onboard computer won't generate any codes.

In any case. I'm glad you were able to get your issue solved. Please let me know if you need assistance in the future.

Best Regards.