Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in the automotive service industry.
29534642

Am I able to rotate the cam of a toyota 1996 2litre 3sfe

Customer Question

Hi am I able to rotate the cam of a toyota 1996 2litre 3sfe manually,the crank is in the top dead center position,the cam is way off its mark...being a non interference engine am I able to do this procedure?.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello Will, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. You can rotate the camshaft and crankshaft on this engine seperately of each other with no valve to piston contact. Does that basically answer your question? Let us know, Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much...I was'nt sure,thought I had better check with an expert.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely, Thank you for your question and let me know if you need anymore help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

If you feel like you should not rate this question positively, please let me know. I try hard to give 5 star service. Thank you.