Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 RAV4. The power door lock on drivers side

Customer Question
stopped working. All other doors...
I have a 2003 RAV4. The power door lock on drivers side stopped working. All other doors unlock. I swapped out the driver side actuator. Now when I connect the new actuator to the wire harness the remaining three doors stop working. The drivers door clicks but nothing else happens. When I un do the harness the remains three doors unlock again. Not sure what the issue is even though have new actuator. I'm told maybe passenger side junction box is / ecu unit maybe faulty. Thoughts why this is impacting only drivers door
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/28/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Have you inspected the connector for the switch?

Thanks,

Joe

Are you referring to the switch that controls locks / unlocks the drivers side door. If so. Yes.

Yes that is correct.

Is this a new or reman part and oem or aftermarket?

Thanks,

Joe

The only thing we changed / swapped out was the actuator. Nothing else. The new actuator is an after market part.

My apologies, I was referring to the actuator being replaced and checking the actual switch. When you use the drivers lock switch with the drivers actuator not connected the remaining three doors all lock/unlock, correct? (using only the drivers door lock switch for this test). And then with drivers actuator connected the others do not, at that point you would want to check power out of the switch at the actuator connector for ground and 12v power and if not present when you press the switch then disconnect from the actuator and test again.

Thanks,

Joe

That is correct.When I connect actuator and press switchb there is power and can hear actuator clicking at this point b

But it does not actually succeed in locking/unlocking that door, correct?

Thanks,

Joe

That's is correct

Ok, please at this point test via a voltmeter like I explained before this way we can have a direction to look in. :)

Thanks,

Joe

I will thanks. I have to run out. I will have to get back to you. Sorry.

No problem, I will return a reply as soon as I am able once you have replied back with your findings.

Thanks,

Joe