Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry and my check engine, VSC and trac…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Toyota...
I have a 2004 Toyota Camry and my check engine, VSC and trac off lights are on. They have been on for about a week. This morning, my maintenance required light was flashing. A month ago I bought a new battery and starter. Now these lights are on and I don't know what the problem is. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/25/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

The maintenance light is really just a timer that is used to help remind you to get an oil change. You can reset it yourself is it is coming on when it shouldn't. I'll walk you through it if you would like.

The VSC and check engine light will need to have the computer scanned to know what that is. Can you take the car to somewhere to have the light checked? Most parts stores will do that for free.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional information.

Please rate if you no longer need any assistance.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician