Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have been trying to figure out how to connect my 2003

Customer Question
Hi, I have been trying...
Hi, I have been trying to figure out how to connect my 2003 4Runner SR5 floor harness wires (w/o power seats) to 06 4Runner power seats I picked up on eBay. I have the seat power and ground connections all figured out but can't figure out which vehicle wires to connect to which seat harness wires to get the seat track airbag position sensor, seat belt sensor, passenger occupant sensor, and all other "non power" wires hooked up properly. I have studied the Toyota wiring diagrams for the 03 and 06 models and can't for the life of me find diagrams that show wire colors for the seat harness, immediately behind the major electrical connector at the floor wire harness/seat wire harness junction (other than the motor wires). Any help is appreciated.
Chris
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
1/23/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Are you saying your wire harness from these seats has all the the same color wires. you do not have wire colors that match the colors in the other harness the set plugs up to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Chris, in regard to my previous question about 4Runner power seat wires, the colors on the floor harness side definitely do no match those on the seat side and I need help determining which wires to connect.
Thanks

All my diagrams show the same wire colors right up to the component not changing color at the connector. Is this wire color difference on your 03 harness and 03 seat or on the 03 harness and 06 seat?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician