Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

01 prius no start nocrank with code 3125. installed used

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 01 prius no start nocrank with code 3125. installed used inverter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no other codes. 3125 comes right back once try to start. the ready light comes on for a second after clearing code when trying to start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok,no hurry.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P3125 code indicates you have a short in the inverter. This is a very common code when the inverter is faulty. Sadly, this sounds like your replacement inverter is faulty. I would not be surprised over this. There are a lot of inverter failure these days on this particular unit. I would seek out a replacement inverter that was known good. Sorry I do nto have better input, but this code is pretty clear. The inverter on this car is faulty.