Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a W56 toyota tranny. I cannot get the rear housing to…

Customer Question
I have a W56 toyota...
I have a W56 toyota tranny. I cannot get the rear housing to come off from the intermediate plate Will come no more than 1 inch. Whats holding it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have not removed the shift lever housing. Remove the bolts, and then turn the shift lever housing counterclockwise to remove it

The extension housing will slide off after the shift lever housing is removed.