Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Am Lanre i have a toyota hybrid 2008 model with c1345 what…

Customer Question
Am Lanre i have...

Am Lanre i have a toyota hybrid 2008 model with c1345 what can i do to solve it

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It showing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Boxer54, Toyota Technician replied 2 years ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, Toyota Technician

There are several Toyota models available in a hybrid. Can you tell me which model you have?

Toyota highlander 2008 model

Could you verify the code number? When I look up c1345, that code doesn't exist.

that is the code C1345 - linear solenoid valve offset learning undone
what can be done to correct it
that is what was diagnosis from the computer when i went for scanning

I'm gathering information here so I have a complete understanding of what could be going on. What recent work has been done to this vehicle?

No recent work was done on the vehicle since then.
the problem started after the battery was removed when the vehicle was not on(ignition on).
After replacing the battery the following started showing
1 have your vehicle check by your dealer
2 brake malfunction
3 check ABS
4 check brake system
5
that warrant me to have it check by computer
and The C1345 was the code given as the fault

The code is for an initialization procedure that needs to be performed on your vehicle. There are 2 ways to go about this. First is to take it in to the dealer and have it done. It will cost approx 1 hour of labor to have this done. I recommend this. The other method is a tedious process done with a jumper wire at the DLC Under the dash. I don't recommend doing this method, as it is difficult to get correct and can cause a lot of frustration. For most people, the frustration isn't worth it. Let me know if you want me to lay out the process for you. I will be happy to do it.

kindly lay it out for me i will have my the process due followed by my mechanic.
but if that fail i will try the first method of having it check by the dealer here in Nigeria
if you have any good dealer i dont mind if u can connect me to him

I don't have any connections in Nigeria, unfortunately. I will get the process laid out for you. It will take some time as I will have to type it all out. I am in the US, central time so will likely have to do it on my lunch break if that is OK with you.

It ok by me will get back to when I get it and let u know if the problem have been solve
hi
please am still waiting for the process

I apologize for having taken so long. I was drawn away by a personal emergency. Here is the process.

(a) Clear the stored linear solenoid valve calibration data.

(1) Turn the power switch off.

(2) Check that the steering wheel is in the straight-ahead position.

(3) Check that the shift lever is in P.

(4) Turn the power switch on (IG) with the brake pedal released.

(5) Using SST, connect and disconnect terminals TS and CG of the DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds.

SST: 09843-18040

(6) Check that no codes other than ABS code 42, VSC code 45 and electronically controlled brake system code 48, 66, or 95 are stored in the diagnostic system.

HINT:

The ABS warning, brake warning / yellow (minor malfunction) and master caution indicator (VSC warning) light do not indicate a normal system code.

(7) Remove SST from the terminals of the DLC3.

(b) Perform initialization and calibration of the linear solenoid valve.

(1) Turn the power switch off.

(3) Check that the shift lever is in P.

(4) Using SST, connect terminals TS and CG of the DLC3.

SST: 09843-18040

(5) Turn the power switch on (IG) with the brake pedal released.

NOTICE:

• If the linear solenoid valve offset learning is performed without turning the power switch on (IG), the learning process may not be completed properly because of insufficient auxiliary battery voltage.
  • When the linear solenoid valve offset learning is interrupted, or the learning process is performed with the shift lever not in P, DTC 66 (linear solenoid valve offset learning undone) will be stored.

(6) Leave the vehicle stationary without depressing the brake pedal for 1 or 2 minutes.

(7) Check that the interval between blinks of the brake warning light / yellow (minor malfunction) changes from 1 second to 0.25 seconds.

HINT:

• The time needed to complete initialization and calibration of the linear solenoid valve varies depending on the auxiliary battery voltage.
  • The brake warning light / yellow (minor malfunction) blinks at 1 second intervals during initialization and calibration of the linear solenoid valve and changes to the Test Mode display.
  • The brake warning light / yellow (minor malfunction) blinks at 0.25 seconds intervals if Test Mode is normal.

(8) Check that DTC 66 (linear solenoid valve offset learning undone) which indicates trouble with stroke sensor zero point learning is not output when the brake warning light / yellow (minor malfunction) changes to the Test Mode display upon initialization and calibration of the linear solenoid valve completion.

(9) Perform the zero point calibration of yaw rate and acceleration sensor .

(10) Turn the power switch off and disconnect the SST from the DLC3.

Where it mentions an sst (special service tool), just use a jumper wire in its place.

Boxer54
Boxer54
Boxer54, Toyota Technician