Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Replaced the 12V battery in my 07 Prius and now the car has

Customer Question
Customer: replaced the 12V battery...
Customer: replaced the 12V battery in my 07 Prius and now the car has intermittent starting problems
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sometimes the power will come on but it is not ready to go when I press the power button again it is ready. sometimes no power at all, i exit the vehicle and press the unlock button and then it works
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common issue with power/no power to the power button is a weak brake light switch. If the brake pedal is not sending power to the start button, the button will not light up. There is also the possibility that there is a weak gateway ECU. This would only be found via a scan by a scanner that is 100% compatible with this car. I would take the car to a Toyota dealer and have them perform a "Health Check". This will reveal any potential drop-outs of the gateway ecu.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert