Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced the 12V battery in my 07 Prius and now the car has…

Customer Question
Replaced the 12V battery...

Replaced the 12V battery in my 07 Prius and now the car has intermittent starting problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sometimes the power will come on but it is not ready to go when I press the power button again it is ready. sometimes no power at all, i exit the vehicle and press the unlock button and then it works

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common issue with power/no power to the power button is a weak brake light switch. If the brake pedal is not sending power to the start button, the button will not light up. There is also the possibility that there is a weak gateway ECU. This would only be found via a scan by a scanner that is 100% compatible with this car. I would take the car to a Toyota dealer and have them perform a "Health Check". This will reveal any potential drop-outs of the gateway ecu.