Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a Toyota Corolla 1995 1.6 engine and I no have power

Customer Question

Customer: good day I have a Toyota Corolla 1995 1.6 engine and I no have power in spark cables. I check the wire connector of the distributor , I have 8 cables in this connector but no have 12 volts in any of that cable.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car start but not run the engine. I check the power in the spark but no have signal. I check the connector of the ignition coil and I have 12 volts there
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If I understand you correctly, you have no 12 volt power in any connector on the distributor unit. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 12 volt in the connector coil.

DO you have a 4AFE or a 7AFE engine? The engine description is on the white label under the hood panel.

There is a wire going to the distributor wire connector. It is Orange with a black stripe. Is there power in this wire with the key on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4AFE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no power with the key on

The only wire on the distributor are that is powered is the Orange/Blacxk wire. None of the other wires are powered. The other wires are signal to and from the computer

Please open the hood and open the fuse panel lid. Advise when you have done this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one red .That is no power; only the orange
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is open

Locate the large rectangular fuse (with a clear plastic 'window') that is labeled 30 amp AM2. If your label is missing or illegible, it is on the left lower corner of the fuse panel, under 2 20 amp fuses that are together. Look inside the cartridge and see if the metal wire is separated in the center.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no is ok

Are you sure. Sometimes the break is very slight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well is very dirt but ,look good. I use a tester light and light go on

ok. Let's take the plastic panel off from under the ignition switch to see the wire connector. On the wire connector that are several wires. With the connector in place (do not remove) By backprobing the connector, We should be seeing power in the white wire, and the Black with a red stripe wire at all times (the key position is not important, these wires come straight from the battery. If you have power in these wires, turn the key on and measure for power in the Orange with a Black stripe wire. If power is in the first two wires and not in the black/orange wire, you need to replace the ignition switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok; in the connector I have 8 wires. I check all with the test light with the key on; and the 8 cable is dead

Please specify colours. Numbers do not tell me anything. If you have power in the AM2 fuse, you should have power in the Black and red wire. The AM2 fuse powers the black/red wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okkkkkk I replace the fuse and now I have power. . And try to run but with problem ,I going to change the spark plug and start again

ok. I knew the AM2 fuse had an issue. This is common. Make sure the fuse did not blow. If it did, you have a short in the distributor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ohhh sure my rate is Excellent. I rate now thanks for you time and you Patience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
realy thanks

You are very welcome Thank You! You can also add a bonus if you are really happy

Please remember to click on the rating icon. Thanks and have a great day