Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I keep getting code p2445 on my 2010 Toyota Tundra I reset

Customer Question
and it's good for a...
I keep getting code p2445 on my 2010 Toyota Tundra I reset and it's good for a couple days .. I think it my be a fuse ,l checked my fuse box and it seems that's a 50amp fuse and not sure how to remove type c fuse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/16/2016
Toyota Mechanic: MDT-89, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
MDT-89
MDT-89, Auto Mechanic

Hello lets see what we can get figured out? The code comes back instantly when erased? or does it take time to return?

2to3 days after reset it runs like normal

Okay and how many miles does you vehicle have? Also have you attempted any repairs?

After reset it runs no
93000. No repairs just trying to diagnose

Okay. This particular vehicle has an issue with the air pumps for you air injection system. A inspection must be performed by your Toyota dealer to see which parts are damaged and need to be repaired. The regular warranty is 7 years 70k miles but i believe Toyota has extended the warrant. You can see then for more details. I will provide you with a Toyota tsb so you can review it and inform yourself but I am almost sure it would be covered. Anyways to answer your question I believe it is an air pump that is going bad!

I hope that helps!

Thanks I'm on an island in Alaska with no dealer for 500miles and a long ferry ride been reading about pumps hope it's covered under a warranty or recall otherwise I heard it's quite expensive thanks for the Intel the type see if use looks pretty hard to get to like it's molded into the component in the owners manual says consult the dealer which I tried to do three times today but they seem to be busy by to get them on the phone
Type C fuses

Okay and your talking about the fuses in the relay box in your engine compartment correct?

type c 50 amp on # ***** bank

The only way to get that fuse out is to split the relay box case in half. If you look around the box you will see a bunch of tabs that need to be removed in order to split the case and get to an 8mm screw inside the case to remove those big amp fuses. Let me see if i can find some instructions to make your job a little easier but you just need to tear into it and keep track of the connectors. Not an easy task but definitely possible

10/4 I'm hoping that it's a fuse ??? It's a much better scenario for me then the pump I should read more about the pump I read it was very expensive and kind of shied away from that problem makes Good sense to check the fuse out first I also read that in a blog to check the fuse problem is it's a hard difficult to deal with

No luck finding any instructions here. I will be at the shop tomorrow if i can take a good pic of the fuse i will message it to you so i can give you a better idea of how to remove it and inspect it. i hope that helps.

Thank You very much I appreciate the help
MDT-89
MDT-89
MDT-89, Auto Mechanic