Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2007 Camry LXE has had a strange noise coming from the

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Zeke. My 2007 Camry LXE has had a strange noise coming from the rear. That noise was almost like a creaky door, like in a horror movie. Occurred only when car was first taken out. Took it to shop and they could not duplicate. Now,last evening, a loud thump coming from right (?) rear. Sounds like something heavy falling over in the trunk
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Latest sound only occurs when going over bumps.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the sway bar links(14), trailing arm bushings(5), and lower control arm bushings(3 and 4) in the attached diagram of your vehicle's rear suspension need to be inspected for missing/worn bushings, broken bolts, and repaired as needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I had not received any response, after being told that it was moments away, I contacted a local garage and had them trouble shoot. I had a diagnosis and an appointment for the next morning. Repairs made. Trailing arms were replaced.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

glad you got it fixed.

My apologies that no one answered it before I came online, but I can only answer when I am online. The experts are independent contractors and come online as their schedule permits. Some are here all day and some just a few hours. Again, my apologies