Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2001 Toyota Camry and the Front R wheel will not

Customer Question
rotate, the other 3 do...
I have a 2001 Toyota Camry and the Front R wheel will not rotate, the other 3 do rotate and all wheels will turn from Left to Right when steering wheel is turned. It's front wheel drive.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/13/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. When one wheel will not turn, and the others do, the first thing that would be suspected would be a seized brake caliper. To determine this, one would have to remove the wheel, and then extract the brake pads from the caliper metal bracket, then turn the brake rotor. If the brake rotor turns, the caliper is indeed the cause, and the caliper should be replaced. If the brake rotor does NOT turn after the brake pads have been removed, I would suspect a failed wheel bearing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert