Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have 2008 prius touring with a noise that sounds like a

Customer Question

I have 2008 prius touring with a noise that sounds like a motor with a gear that is slipping. It sounds like is is coming from around the hybrid synergy motor. It happens when moving or stopped, in drive or not. It sounds like something spinning, then it makes the noise, then will start spinning up again. It will do this over and over then stops doing it for a while. It is especially noisy when in the cold weather.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light is on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.Check for any components hanging or dragging in the drive belt area as well needing corrected to correct this issue here.If this is found to be o.k. and if no check engine light is on let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no check engine light.
I had already scheduled an appointment with Toyota service.
Your response did not answer my question.
No need to reply.