Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2000 toyota solara. Put in a new ignition lock in

Customer Question
I have a 2000 toyota...
I have a 2000 toyota solara. Put in a new ignition lock in it and it did not start. Prob because the new keys did not have a chip in them. Put the old one back in and still wont start. Is there a way to make old one work again?
Signed Dumb dumb
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
1/10/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

The new ignition lock needs to be programmed and now the old one needs to be programmed.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician