Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I was reading the issue about the noise coming from the

Customer Question

Customer: i was reading the issue about the noise coming from the engine compartment with the engine off, having the same issue what was the fix on this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 toyota tundra was parked out on the curb and neighbor heard a low pitch noise coming from engine which drained battery. stopped when battery was disconnected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for the type of noise you are hearing can be caused by a sticking ABS relay which can cause the ABS pump to run. The next time you hear this noise try removing the ABS relay. See its location in link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ABS%20relay%20Jan%207.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response, I recharged the battery last night when I reinstalled it the noise started again, I started the engine and the noise was still there which it didn't do yesterday. I drove a different car to work today but I will pull that relay when I get home, is it safe to drive with the relay removed and is this a dealer only part. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, have a look when you can . It is safe to drive with the relay removed you will just not have ABS breaking. The regular break swill still function normally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise I hear is more like a constant beep or bee sound then a clicking sound. Does this change anything ?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

With out being there to hear it I can not say for sure. Let see if its the ABS pump running and if not we can try and pinpoint it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. Will respond back this afternoon.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My 2002 tundra does not have an ABS relay, any ideas
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Where you able to pinpoint the area the noise was coming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, when I connected the battery there was no noise, when I started the truck there was no noise, I started to tap on the relays and could not get it to come back.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

At this point you are going to need to wait till it come back and once it dose try and locate the area its coming from and let me know from there. Im not sure what else you can do till then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.