Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I Have a 2008 GS460 with code C1201. I am looking to trouble

Customer Question
shoot the issue. Where do...
I Have a 2008 GS460 with code C1201. I am looking to trouble shoot the issue. Where do I start?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
1/5/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome ot Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before you do anything, clean the battery terminals (electronics do weird things with insufficient voltage or ground) take the vehicle to a shop with a good scan tool and see if there are any "history" and/ or "Pending" codes. Not all scanners will show history and pending. Your C1201 is a 'current' code. This indicates an electronic data stream issue. This may be a false code. If there is no history or pending codes, clear the C1201 and road test the vehicle. If the code does nto reappear, you should be OK. If the code DOES reappear, there will have to be other codes that are supporting the C1201 code for diagnosis.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have a chance today to get the code cleared. Your suggestion makes sense as the code occurred after the battery died.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Please advise if the code comes back.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer!

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert