Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Im having an issue with dash lights on and some gauges not

Customer Question

Customer: im having an issue with dash lights on and some gauges not working 2008 tundra
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck runs fine vsc off light is on i think abs and maybe another. rpm, oil temp trans tem gauges not working. out side temp display not working also. have you heard of this problem I have found a few posts online with exact same symptoms but none followed through if they got it fixed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes am willing to wait and pay if i get help.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the vehicle is operating properly and all other electronics in the vehicle are operating properly with this issue here this fault here can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the instrument cluster itself.I have seen the instrument cluster fail/act up like this here before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault.I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug into your model and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect the instrument cluster will need repaired or replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete