Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2005 Tundra Real fast idle on Cold start has 4.7 and 36000

Customer Question

Customer: 2005 Tundra Real fast idle on Cold start has 4.7 and 36000 original ***** ***** has done this since new
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if the engine completely cools down on new start very fast idle if in 2wd rear brakes don't seem to want to completely stop the rear ties from spinning. once warmed up problem goes away until like overnight cold
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing you can try is to take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning. after doing so then you will need to perform the idle speed relearn procedure. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Idle%20relearn%20Jan%202.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This fast idle has happened since new and goes away once engine is warmed up some, problem goes away before reaching normal operation temperature
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Did you try doing the relearn procedure I sent you?