Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Lost my last set of keys to my 2007 Toyota 4runner. Car is

Customer Question
locked. What do I do?...
Lost my last set of keys to my 2007 Toyota 4runner. Car is locked. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
12/31/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually you can take the VIN number from your vehicle and go to the nearest dealer and they can either look up the key code and cut you a key right then and there to fit your vehicle or if they have to order it in they can usually do this over night.In allot of cases after you obtain the new key it will need to be programmed to your vehicle by a dealer or authorized repair center before it will work in your vehicle to start it.In some cases on some models the keys come pre programmed ready to go on your vehicle.

Unfortunately this is the only option to obtain a new key for your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician