Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

, My map dvd no longer works my son pulled it out and

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My map dvd no longer works my son pulled it out and when he tried to reinsert it I get no map dvd message I believe its the disc player mechanism but not sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just u it radio navigation and camera DVDs navigation won't work all else is ok can it be fixed for less than getting a new one or should I buy a hand held gps
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually what can occur when this is done here is the navigation drive unit can be damaged internally or fail internally causing this issue here.In order to correct this here the navigation drive itself usually needs replaced which may require replacing the entire unit unless you can locate a facility that can repair this for you.In some cases a dealer will use a facility to repair components like this here and you might ask them what it would cost to have repaired.

One thing you can try as well is locate the fuse for the navigation and remove it for about 5 minutes then reinstall it and see if this resets the navigation to where it works again.If this does not work then it will need repaired or replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete