Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Sunroof is fully open. It is

Customer Question
retracted back inside the roof...
2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Sunroof is fully open. It is retracted back inside the roof of the van. When I tried to close it one side acted like it was trying to close but the other side stayed in place and I could not get it to move even when I tried to assist the motor by pulling that side with my hand. I have taken the control module out above the rearview mirror that contains the button for the sunroof and I have removed the sunroof motor but I still can't get the sunroof to move forward by pulling on it. What do I need to do to pull the sunroof forward so I can then push it up into place and close it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
12/23/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This is likely a jammed gear or drive cable and you will need to take the sunroof apart to access them and inspect and if just needing closed for now to disconnect the cable to be able to slide the sunroof shut manually. I have attached directions for you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager