Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Our battery died on our 02 ghlander and we jumped it and

Customer Question

Customer: our battery died on our 02 highlander and we jumped it and then put it on a portable charger and now every time we try to start it the alarm goes off and we can't stop it - it just stops on its own after about 20-30 seconds. we are going crazy. any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my daughter left the lights on last night and we didn;t know it. we heard the alarm going off in the middle of the night and we stopped it but the battery died anyway. we gave it a jump this afternoon and it started right away but the alarm went off immediately and keeps going off every time we try and start it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. but i only pay if it helps and i'm satisfied, correct?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

Hello... Have you resolved your issue? If not I am willing to give it a shot and see if we can get it figured out together?