Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater

Customer Question
control valve is not opening...
I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater control valve is not opening but if I remove the cable i can manually move the lever and open the valve and then I get heat. It seams to me that the problem is not with the valve but rather whatever moves the cable. I am not car savvy. I have also noticed a few month back a humming noise every time the van is started that lasts for about 30 sec. could this be related?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
12/20/2015
Toyota Mechanic: cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician

Most likely the cable has become disconnected from the control head or the control head has failed, the humming noise is probably unrelated. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the control head? Is that a part of the control valve or the servo motor I don't understand your answer

The control head is the part with the switch and controls for the heater on the dash

cardoctor71
cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician