Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2008 Prius. I got into the car and pressed the

Customer Question
power button, the message screen...
I have a 2008 Prius. I got into the car and pressed the power button, the message screen where the radio is went blank and all of the yellow warning lights came onand the red triangle. I could not put the car into gear what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
12/19/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

Check the condition of the 12 volt auxiliary battery in the trunk, if you do not have a voltmeter or charger try to jump start it, this is typically due to a dead or discharged aux battery, let me know if you need help on how to jump start or charge the battery.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the hatchback model have a trunk? How do you jump it?

You can jump it under the hood, open the fuse cover near the left headlight, there is a small red cover with a plus sign on it, open it and attach the positive cable from the other battery to the post, ground the other cable to any metal unpainted surface.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech