Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Toyota T-100 was unlocked with a key after it was locked

Customer Question

My Toyota T-100 was unlocked with a key after it was locked with a remote and now I am unable to get anything to work and I can not even start the truck. I disconnected the battery ground cable but this did not help. Believing the battery was dead, I tried to use a battery booster but this only activated the horn to blow and the lights to go on and off. What do I do to start my truck.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. This sounds like the alarm system has been activated. DO you know if this is the factory Toyota theft deterrent system, or something else?