Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1990 TOYOTA PICKUP NO BRAKE LIGHTS
, REPLACED ALL

Customer Question

Customer: 1990 TOYOTA PICKUP NO BRAKE LIGHTS
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: REPLACED ALL FUSES,BULBS,STOP LIGHT SWITCH AND REWIRED THE LIGHTS AFTER REMOVING AFTER MARKET TRAILER WIRING. TURN SIGNALS WORK,DRIVING LIGHTS WORK,REVERSE LIGHTS WORK AND HAZ WORK.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. As I understand the issue, you have replaced everything and you still have no brake lights. Is this correct? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THATS CORRECT

Ok. Let's start at the two places you have not listed as checked. Can you remove the 15 amp STOP fuse from under the instrument panel on the drive side fuse box and see if you have power in one side of the socket (a 12 volt DC testlight or voltmeter would be good). The STOP fuse is the center fuse in the right side column (there are 3 columns) in the fuse panel. Advise if you have power in this fuse socket. One side or the other.