Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have 2002 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 suddenly I saw vsc trac light

Customer Question

I have 2002 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 suddenly I saw vsc trac light on and vsc off light on, what could cause it and what is the repair
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The most common problem is usually related to wheel speed sensors. If the check engine light has not been on along with the vehicle skid control light The vehicle skid control light could have been triggered by the check engine light by default. If the check engine light is on you need a code reader to find out what the malfunction codes are in the engine control computer. If you can get the code number set in the vehicle skid control computer I could give you additional information assistance. Click this link and download the illustration. Using a simple jumper wire carefully probe the two female pins as indicated in the illustration then turn the key to the on position and monitor the ABS light flash pattern and the vehicle skid control light flash pattern. For example if there is a code 31 it will flash three times than one flash then there will be a slight pause if there are other codes they will follow in a two digit format.