Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2011 Toyota Prius II - 43K miles - wife's car. First, 12v

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - 2011 Toyota Prius II - 43K miles - wife's car. First, 12v battery died - wouldn't hold a charge. New battery - now car shows this check hybrid system. It should be under warranty but my wife has a dead car (we've had 4 of them and never had any problems before logging over 100K miles on the other two).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The lights all light - wife drove to school (10 mi RT), parked it in the garage, no problems. Went to go shopping Friday morning and it gave us the check engine light and no lights/dim lights. Checked battery and it was dead. Pulled it, took it to a battery store to get it charged. Wouldn't hold a charge. Ordered new battery, installed it tonight and now have lights, everything nice and bright and car now gives us this check hybrid system message on the console.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message + Live Video Call + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I have been waiting more than an hour - am I still in the queue?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check Hybrid system light come on when the system sees a fault and in order to determine what has failed you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you do not have access to a Toyota compatible scan tool then this is going to have to be done by your dealer.