Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.
24034660

Car will start run seconds shut off

Customer Question

car will start run for two seconds shut off
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to reset the theft alarm system (when this is engaged your vehicle will start and die) Provided you have the #1 factory key insert it in the drivers door and lock door wait 5 mins. then use key in drivers door to unlock, open door and insert key into ignition and turn to the on position (not start position. only untill you see dash lights come-on) wait 30.seconds. turn key to off, then try to start vehicle! Thanks. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue or any other issues!