Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Corolla 2007. hesitates between 70 and 80 kph. plugs

Customer Question
changed, coils examined no problems...
Corolla 2007. hesitates between 70 and 80 kph. plugs changed, coils examined no problems found . If I accelerate while hesitating runs smoothly. At all other speeds runs smoothly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
11/20/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Jeromy Madison,
 replied 2 years ago
Jeromy Madison

Hello, I think you have a throttle position sensor failing. To test it you will need a lab scope.

I hope this helps.

The only thing Jeromy is that the engine check light does not come on.
Toyota Mechanic: Jeromy Madison,
 replied 2 years ago

I understand there is no check engine light. When this occurs the check engine will not occur because the issue is that there is a spot in the throttle position sensor that is bad and most likely only at one speed. I have seen this issue many times it is very common.

Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison