scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

2012 ghlander. Tried to srate it. Battery dead but the

Customer Question

2012 Highlander. Tried to srate it. Battery dead but the security alarm went off. Had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. Recharged battery one hour. Still would not start but alarm still went off when attempted to start. Toyota dealer recharged battery again and finally got alarm to stop, but did not know what they did to make it stop. Three weeks later battery dead again. Toyota replaced battery. Three weeks later alarm goes off when depressing emergency brake. Two months later and battery is dead again.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

When the battery dies and the alarm goes off, you can close all doors and hood, insert the key in the drivers door, turn it two times to the lock position, and then two times to the unlock position, this will reset the security system.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

To address the battery condition, do you have anything aftermarket plugged into the car, trailer wiring harness, gadgets like power inverter, chargers. navigation? I would recommend unplugging any of these if you have them and see if the problem persists.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rate the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!