Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We are working on toyta coralla 2004 and we lost power to

Customer Question

we are working on toyta coralla 2004 and we lost power to the tail lights and the fog lights suddenly. fog light were working (repaired one) now the headlights work and the brights but no running lights, fog or tail lights. we checked the fuses and they are OK.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

At the combination switch. With the fog lights commanded on. Check the red/yellow wire at pin 2 ( there are 2 red/yellow wires, the other is pin 9 which is next to a red and white/black wire). Pin 2 should be a ground, if it is not then supply a ground wire to this wire, the fog lights should come on if the relay is good. If pin 2 is not a ground, check the green/orange wire, if it is a ground then the combination switch is bad. Can you do these tests?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mechanic hasn't been able to finish the job even with this info...it didn't help..I don't want to be charged for this. I just tried to get an answer while he was here and it didn't work out....latest is a 30 amp fuse keeps getting blown...bot***** *****ne is that I was trying to help the mechanic solve the problem but he doesn't want the help.

Glad you got it resolved.