Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra truck. When I turn the ignition

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra truck. When I turn the ignition off after an approximate 1 minute pause the doors lock themselves. The remote opener does not work to lock or unlock the doors. I replaced the batteries in the remote fob to no avail. I suspect the two problems are related. A Ford dealer looked into it and said they thought it was a problem in the security system but could not repair it. What say you?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the integration relay itself.If this relay is acting up internally causing internal electrical faults this will cause the door locks to act up like this here and this integration relay will need replaced.The only other thing I can think of is if you have any after market components installed like an after market remote start or after market security system this can affect this here to where the wiring may be shorting out with it or the control unit/ecu for it may be shorting out internally needing replaced.

This will have to be checked/tested further to locate and repair the cause.If no after market components are installed I suspect the integration relay is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.