Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a fleet of prius v's 2014 taxis, Ive been running

Customer Question
hybrid taxis for almost 10...
I have a fleet of prius v's 2014 taxis, Ive been running hybrid taxis for almost 10 years ford escapes, ford cmax, camry's. I was getting 100k miles minimum on the brakes with these cars, with my current priusv's, the brakes seem to wearing much sooner
, 30k miles any reason for this difference?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
11/9/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Are these the plain Prius, or the C, PHV, or V editions?

I dont see any service bulletins offhand on brake wear issues, but if you would let me know which editions you have, I can dig deeper and see if there is any explanation for the pad wear

Prius v, pad life about 30k , previous hybrids I've owned about 120k miles

HI,

That wear rate is quicker than normal even for the Prius as they usually get around 80K to 100K miles on them before needing replacement. I have gone thru all the brake, hybrid and and other related service bulletins out by Toyota and none address any known issue causing this. I am going to open this up to other experts that may known something on the 2014 to be causing this type of pad wear

ok thanks any news let me know
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager