Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2003 tacoma no start with no tach reading

Customer Question

i have 2003 tacoma no start with no tach reading
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a code reader to see if there any malfunction codes set in the engine control computer? When you turn the key to the on position does the yellow check engine light illuminate? Is this a four-cylinder or V-6 engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.4 liter I have a solus pro no codes stored .
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting injector pulse or ignition spark? When you turn the key to the on position does the yellow check engine light illuminate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested injector with no I'd light have pulse and spark check engine light comes one.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

With that information that you supplied that rules out any type of sensor or computer related issue at this point. That only leaves compression fuel pressure or timing belt issues with the cams. Have you run a compression test yet? What about fuel pressure? Did you check the timing belt to see if its out of time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet but I should get a rpm reading regardless
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Not if it is out of time. The computer will not calculate the rpm correctly and could shut it down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pull cover and check timing and get back with u
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

ok